West Berkshire Therapy Centre is a registered is a specialised therapy centre for people with disabilities which opened in April 2014. In June 2017 the centre was awarded the Queen’s Award for voluntary service (an equivalent to an MBE for a voluntary organisation).
Usage and Impact
Due to increased demand, the centre had to extend its hours and now opens 31 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours, to allow for those who work full time or rely on transport of those who work full time, to attend.
The centre currently provides support for over 270 service users ranging in age from 21yrs to 93yrs with the majority between 60 and 80 years of age with a gender split of 61% female and 39% male.
“Shapemaster machines offer a very gentle way of exercising. It is very difficult to get an injury on these machines and the benefits we have seen here have been amazing.”
Rhiannon Swain, Physiotherapist, West Berkshire Therapy Centre
If you’d like to discuss installing power assisted exercise equipment into your facility, please contact our team for more information.
- 99% of clients agree or strongly agree that attending WBTC has had a positive impact on their health & wellbeing
- 95% of clients feel more relaxed and less stressed since attending WBTC
- 95% of clients feel fitter and stronger since attending WBTC
- 80% of clients feel that their walking has improved since attending WBTC
- 86% of clients feel that they’ve been able to cope better with daily tasks since attending WBTC
- 80% of clients feel that at least one of their health concerns have reduced since attending WBTC