The investment for equipment and refurbishment of the rooms received support from Sport England and North East Lincolnshire Council adding to Lincs Inspire’s own investment.
Prior to Covid lockdown and the addition of the third circuit, the equipment generated around £10k per month from a customer base of 470 members. This income did not include secondary spend, such as in the café.
50% of the footfall is generated by the ‘Active Forever’ referral pathway with around 20 members each month transitioning to other areas of the leisure centre including traditional gym. Progressing clients has become essential as this allows for new members (approximately 20 new members each month) to access the Wellness Hub.
At least 70% of those attending on referral pathways convert to full membership.
Health & Wellbeing
The average age of members is 66 and 75% of these visit the centre three or more times a week. 41% of members have been using the facility for over 2 years.
Following a survey conducted amongst members, the impact to health and wellbeing was significant:
- 66% said their primary reason for using the centre was due to medical related conditions
- 64% say they have generally felt better since using the centre whilst 39% claim that their mobility has improved
- 59% agreed that their walking ability had improved
- 58% indicated that one or more of their health concerns had reduced
- 91% of participants indicated that they had one or more medical conditions.